Benefits of a Business Instagram
Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps out there. The image-sharing platform boasts millions of users, including 25 million business accounts worldwide. Over 2 million advertisers use Instagram to boost their products’ visibility, to gain new customers, and cultivate a loyal following among users.
Two hundred million Instagrammers visit a business profile every day. That’s 200 million potential customers for the lucky businesses that take advantage of this hip platform! With an Instagram business account, you can:
· Share stories with your followers
· View insights and analytics into your posts’ performance
· View your user demographics to benefit your marketing department
· Share creative photos and videos of your product
· Use hashtags to increase visibility
· Promote your posts to gain the attention of new clientele
How to Sign Up for an Instagram Business Account
Signing up for an Instagram business account is simple and easy. All you need is a valid email address for your business, product, or service.
1. Download the Instagram app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Launch the app and tap “Sign Up.”
3. Enter your business email or use your Facebook account to sign up.
4. Go to your profile and click on the sidebar on the right-hand side of your phone screen.
5. Click on “Settings.”
6. Click on “Switch to Business Account.”
7. Once you have a business account, you can fill in contact information, business hours, and industry type to flesh out your profile.
After you’ve created your business account, don’t forget to verify your email. Now, you can post pictures and stories, follow other businesses and accounts, and use hashtags to increase your following and visibility.
Instagram Stories and IGTV
Instagram stories are pictures and videos an account can post that disappear after 24 hours. Instagram archives these posts for you, so you can refer to them later or repost to your profile. You can use stories to:
· Advertise new products
· Share links to your website
· Share fun glimpses into your day-to-day business operations
· Share how you make your products or what goes into your services
· Test new products for your audience
· Share information about sales or promotions
… and lots more! Stories are a space where businesses can get creative and have fun. This will bolster your company’s human presence and benefit your image and reputation.
Instagram recently launched IGTV, a space where accounts can share videos all in one place. Businesses can use IGTV to produce fun, entertaining videos about your products, services, company culture, and more. Think of IGTV like YouTube on Instagram.
Tips and Tricks for Business Instagram
Is there a certain image or tone you want your business to portray? Make sure your pictures, videos, stories, and captions match this image. You can theme your profile by adding frames to your pictures, using a certain filter, or adopting a consistent persona when writing captions.
Make sure to use relevant hashtags under all your posts. Instagram lets you post up to 30 hashtags on all your posts. You can comment under your picture with your hashtags so that they don’t clutter your caption space. A simple Google search of top hashtags for your industry will yield good results. Always make sure to hashtag your business name!
Want to learn more about how to use Instagram and other platforms to your advantage? Tracie Carrigan Web Design can help you discover solutions to bolster your social media presence and gain customers. Contact me today to learn more about my social media marketing services.