Benefits of a LinkedIn Company Page
LinkedIn is a social media platform designed specifically for professionals to network, share accomplishments, and showcase their resumes. As a rapidly growing platform that is already the largest professional networking site on the market, LinkedIn provides an easy space for businesses to attract the attention of more than 500 million monthly users. In addition to showcasing your products and services, LinkedIn company pages also help businesses attract top talent in their industries.
With a LinkedIn company page, you will be able to:
- Attract more followers
- Build your social media presence on a professional network
- Share links and articles, including company blog posts
- Increase website traffic and readership
- Engage colleagues and other industry leaders
- Promote your brand with sponsored content
- Collect job applications for open positions
- Seek out and connect with rising talent
- Establish yourself as an industry thought leader
How to Set Up a LinkedIn Company Page
It’s very easy to set up a LinkedIn company page. All you need is a valid email address, a strong password, and a valid personal LinkedIn account.
- Go to LInkedin.com
- Click the “Work” icon in the top right-hand corner
- Click “Create a Company Page”
- Enter your company name and create a URL
- Check the verification box to prove that you, as the business owner, have the authority to create a business page for your company
- Click “Create Page”
- Click “Get Started” to edit your company page
You can then begin to flesh out the details of your LinkedIn company page. Make sure you add:
- A profile picture that’s simple and easy to recognize. Your company logo will work best.
- A cover photo that showcases your business in some way, whether that be your storefront, product display, employees, or a banner designed by a graphic designer.
- A description of your company that includes what you do and your company mission. Make sure to include relevant keywords!
- A “Meet the Team” section to showcase your employee’s LinkedIn profiles.
Make sure your LinkedIn company page is 100% complete. Complete pages receive more traffic than unfinished ones, plus it shows that you put effort into your online presence.
Tips and Tricks for LinkedIn Company Pages
With the basics of a LinkedIn company page complete, you can begin to attract potential clients and followers. Best practices to optimize your LinkedIn company page include:
- Linking your LinkedIn company page to other social media platforms, in emails, and on your website
- Encouraging your employees and colleagues to follow your LinkedIn company page or add it to their LinkedIn profiles
- Publishing and sharing content in the LinkedIn news feed, including company articles and blog posts
- Using sponsored content to attract more followers and web traffic
- Spying on your competition by viewing and following their LinkedIn company pages
- Adding a Career Page to the company page to attract top talent and collect job applications for open positions
- Collecting endorsements from and giving endorsements to industry colleagues, employees, and other team members
- Adopting a helpful and friendly tone
- Avoiding overzealous sales pitches and advertising
Are you looking for more ways to improve your business’s online presence? Tracie Carrigan Web Design specializes in social media marketing and more. Contact me today to inquire about our social media services and more.